Tuesday, February 2, 2010

to the dogs

Last night Jay and I were eating pizza for supper. Sitting at our feet and giving us the "puppy dog eyes" (literally) was our dog, Sammy. He kept looking from one of us to the other and wagging his tail expectantly. Jay told him that it wouldn't be good for him to eat it and he would regret it later and therefore did not share his pizza. Good choice on his part. But the dog seriously had tears in his eyes.


It made me think though. I do that to God. I sit and beg him for something and I'm so disappointed that he doesn't give me what I want. But he knows it might not be good for me and will cause me to suffer.


I know. A simple concept. Why is it so hard for me to get it?

2 comments:

  1. I hear you friend. I look back through my life at how many of those things I didn't get that I ended up being so much better off for. I understand God has to do that BUT JAY? HOW could he turn down Sammy???? That face? Sammy, my friend, you look at me like that and I'm giving you the pizza. (could also explain why I've been having a bit of a problem parenting lately :) ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never cease needing to be reminded of this 'simple' concept.
    :)
    Thanks for this friend...

    ReplyDelete