Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It seems like a long time

This is not xanga. I don't check it everyday and I don't write as often. I can wax nostalgic, but the truth is I am at a different place and probably wouldn't do those things in xanga either. One thing I can do, however, is still ramble randomly about my life.

For example...

Sammy the dog has allergies and has been afflicted with a couple of hot spots. Of course, these things never materialize during regular veterinarian's office hours. So minutes before the big snow hit this weekend, I ran to Petsmart for some spray and a cone collar. Sammy was humiliated to wear that thing and I'm sure it didn't help his ego any that we kept asking him if he could get HBO and trying to throw things in it from a distance. He had the poor puppy dog eyes going for HOURS. The spots are healing nicely and he has resigned himself to the collar. He is his old waggy self, even if he can't lick everything he wants and occasionally knocks into things.

I loved this snow we had. It rained all Saturday morning then turned to sleet and snow in the afternoon. It snowed until about 5 p.m. on Sunday and then promptly began to melt. We had about 8 inches at our house. Yesterday it was in the 60's and today nearly 70 so the snow is pretty much gone. Pretty, but short term. Nice.

Speaking of short term, Seth was home last week from college for his spring break. He brought a few friends with him. One couple went on up to Kansas City after the first weekend and Seth, his girlfriend, Lindsay, and his best friend, Chad, all stayed the rest of the week. It was so nice having them here. We had loads of fun and ate tons of food. In fact, we are just now getting to the last of the leftovers (thank you, Jesus!). We went up to the Titanic museum in Branson with our free tickets. [Did I ever tell you how I got free tickets? When Lindsay came at Christmas we went up there to go to the museum with free tickets I had won on the radio. They advertise they are only closed 2 holidays a year so no problem. We get there and they are closed for a week for renovations! I wrote them an email and pointed out that a note on their website would have saved us a trip and VOILA! more free tickets.] The week also included a gymnastics meet at the university, shopping, lunch with my parents and Lindsay and I got pedicures. That's a lot when you consider I only took 3 days off. What they amused themselves with while I worked, I don't know. Did I cry when they drove away this time? Buckets. I should just face it that I will always.

Incidentally, how typical is it that I would wear flip flops and get a pedicure the day BEFORE the biggest snowfall of the year??? Really.

Jay is sick. I don't know what he has, but I don't want it. I'm sleeping in Seth's room tonight. Although I miss Seth--it is sometimes handy to have an empty bedroom in the house. BTW, Seth is trying to decide whether or not to come home for the summer. I want him home because it will most likely be his last...he will need a job. Pray for one. Thanks.

SEE??? Told you rambling nothingness. If you're still with me--thanks for listening. Nighty night.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it when you ramble. I get that this is not xanga, but I am grateful you share when you do!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you ramble too. You always make me smile. I laughed hard about poor Sammy and the HBO comments. Please keep all snow (pretty or otherwise) in Arkansas. Please. rain too.

    I am going to be a big sobber all the time when Maddie leaves, comes home and leaves again. I know this because her dad and I are big sobbers now. You'll have to give me tips about how to make my house fun so college kids want to come stay for their break.

    ReplyDelete