Sunday, March 7, 2010

Rockin' Robin...doo doo doo...

I told Jay I wasn't going to blog about this, but I can resist no longer. There are robins everywhere in our neighborhood. I'm not talking about a few here or there, but the fields we pass coming into the neighborhood will have hundreds--one every three or four feet. No other type of birds--just robins. It's weird, I tell you. Jay went for a walk the other day and I asked him if he saw the robins and he replied, "no, but I've heard about them." So I guess I've talked about it a lot at home. So--shoot me. It's weird. I've never seen so many in one spot.

Also regarding birds, the other day I drove to Little Rock and there were tons of dead chickens on the side of the road. I got to thinking about our unique road kill here in Arkansas and what people from out of state must be thinking. Whatever the case, I bet there was an unhappy truck driver that arrived at the processing plant--he had to have lost half his load--okay--I exaggerate, but a bunch of them.

I'm so proud of KK and Sajo and their wonderful "getcha coup on" thing. Someday in the not so far future, I'll be able to say, "I knew them when."

I went shopping with Sidney today. It was probably one of the most enjoyable shopping trips we've ever had together. Maybe it's because we weren't on a quest for something specific that we HAD to have. She bought a few items, mostly accessories and unmentionables. I got a new purse. And like my friend, VickiChickie, for once it isn't black or brown.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! A new post! I was beginning to think this new blogspot thing was a practical joke on me. ;)

    I love that you are so observant of nature. You have a cool house for that with all of your gorgeous windows/views. Signs of spring are exciting!!!

    I'm very proud of Sajo & KK, too! I feel the same way - they are going to be famous!!! I've always wanted to see Chicago (Oprah's stomping grounds). I just want to carry their bags.

    Congrats on the *colorful* pocketbook purchase. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That many robins in one spot is a freakish thing to see! Cool. (Although, birds freak me out. Thanks, Alfred. I knew I shouldn't have watched that movie.)

    I usually carry black or brown variations, too, but in January, I went out on a limb and bought a nostalgic bag. I'm still not sure if it's fabulous or garish, but it makes me smile every time I see it. In Texas, everyone loved it. Here, people don't give strangers feedback, so I'll just have to carry it and not care whether the snoot next door likes it or not. ;) HOORAY for color! DOUBLE hooray for fun shopping excursions with our girls! So glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete